My younger son makes some amazing, scrumptious chocolate chips cookies. He is my big time helper while baking. He is very precise with measurements and do not let me deviate with the recipe. And you all know how crucial the measurements are in baking!
Well that being said, let me tell you, how did he get the recipe. Few Years ago, I was in Kohls and I saw this little book for kids which has recipe of various kind of cookies, and I bought it for my son. He flipped it through and said I want to bake chocolate chips cookies. Trust me I don’t even have that book to give credit to the author, So I’m giving credit to all the cookie bakers/authors in the world out there. So this is not my recipe but we have made cookies many times with this recipe. Stick to the recipe and you will get rewarded with the most delicious cookies!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips(2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg in a large bowl.
- Swift the flour, baking soda and salt and add it to the bowl. stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be little stiff.
- Take ice-cream scoop and scoop out the dough about 2 inches apart onto the ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or light brown. At this time center of the cookie will be soft. Cool for a few minutes, remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack. Enjoy with a glass of milk.