The Banana Bread – My husband’s favorite! I’m sure you have seen tons of banana bread recipes so far, but this one is a tried and true recipe. I have made banana nut muffins from this recipe and trust me they would come out as good as this loaf of bread. Just cut a big slice from this loaf of bread and slather it with some homemade butter = slice of heaven!
So what are you waiting… get your loaf pan out and get baking!
- ¾ cup corn oil
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 4 over ripe bananas, smashed (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (half this amount if using table salt)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts for topping, optional
- split banana for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large bread/loaf pan(mine is 9×5) with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, oil and banana. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients and fold in using a spatula until evenly combined. Add half of the chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and top with chopped walnuts or split banana.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes (until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Cool completely. Slice and enjoy!
BANANA BREAD TIPS
- Be sure your bananas are ripe, but not too brown. Overly ripe bananas have a weird flavor in baking. Save the really soft bananas for smoothies.
- Don’t over mix your batter. This is important in most baked things, but especially with dense batters.
BANANA BREAD Variations
- You can put chocolate chips instead of walnuts to get choco chip banana bread.
- you can add cinnamon sugar on the top of the batter to get cinnamon sugar crunched banana bread.
There are so many variations you can do with this recipe. As I said earlier, You can make muffins as well. So Go crazy guys with your imagination. But do comment below…