Paneer Bhurji is a very simple yet very tasty dish. Usually its served with roti or parathas. You can probably make it similar way, you are making egg bhurji if you eat eggs. I made a tiny bit variation to that recipe. I like to put tri-colored peppers for colorful look and for crunch factor as well. Its always preferable to use the freshly made paneer but you can use store bought as well. the fresh paneer yields better taste and comes out super soft. The bhurji made with store bought paneer is not bad either. I guess its a personal preference. If you have time on hand than use fresh paneer otherwise…
Now that you have made bhurji for dinner and you have leftover, what would you do? I can give you few options. You can make cheese-paneer toast, paneer bhurji sandwitch, paneer frankie… Options are way too many. But are you going to have any leftovers? Try the below recipe and check it out how yummy it is and how quick and easy to make it!
- 350 grams Cottage Cheese/Paneer Grated
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 medium Onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 3 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 2 Green chilies chopped
- 1 medium Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium Red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium Yellow bell pepper chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat-masala powder
- 1 tablespoon Kasoori methi(hand crushed)
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped to garnish
- Heat oil and ghee in a non-stick, heavy bottom pan. When oil is little hot, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, dry red chilies and cinnamon stick.
- Add green chilies and onions, saute well for 2 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for another minute or so.
- Add tomatoes and saute until oil starts to separate.
- Add all the dry spices and salt.
- Add chopped bell peppers. Don’t cook them too much. You need them crunchy.
- Add grated paneer. Mix well. Add little water if you want little gravy.
- Add kasoori methi. Mix well. Check the seasonings and adjust according to your taste.
- Add fresh coriander leaves to garnish and serve hot with naan or parathas or rotis.