Lapsi is a Gujarati sweet dish, usually made on auspicious days and/or when you are starting something new. I started this new journey on sharing my recipes with you all on last Wednesday. It was also a very auspicious day, Akhay-trij or Akshay-tritiya! In my family, we make some or the other sweet on all auspicious days or that is an excuse to make sweet dish – I still have not figured that out yet! If there is no time to make any other sweet dish or lack of any ingredients that are necessary, than easiest alternative is to make Lapsi! Lapsi is so easy to make and you can literally make it in less than 15 minutes. Now that is fast! So here’s the recipe of Lapsi…
- 1 cup coarse wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup jaggery
- 1/2 cup ghee
- confectioners sugar to taste
- Heat water in microwave safe pot. Add jaggery to it. let it boil.
- In a plate, take the coarse wheat flour. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and mix it well.
- Add ghee mixed flour to boiling water. turn off the heat. mix it well using spoon or velan. make sure there are no lumps, and cover it. put this bowl in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once done, take it out from microwave, open the cover. Add remaining ghee and confectioners sugar to your taste, mix really well. Your Lapsi is ready.
- You can also make it by putting it in pressure cooker for two whistles instead of cooking it in microwave if you prefer. End result is same.